Friday, March 30, 2007

Belize was: amazing!

It's so hard putting into words my feelings from the week spent in Belize. I had the time of my life, and learned so much! My favorite part of our work done in Belize was the gender based discussions we had after each school presentation. It was interesting hearing what issues they were facing and what they wanted advice on. It was also evident that there was still stigma attached to hiv/aids although they apparently have many presentations on this topic. Hopefully they will take the advice and knowledge we gave them and apply it to their lives, and also positively influence others.

I loved trying new things: riding in the back of the car so many times, fixing a roof, eating traditional belizean food, mayan ruins, and caving!!! I also loved meeting so many new people, and it was amaizng how friendly and welcoming everyone was. When I left Belize, I felt like I was leaving home. I've never been so attached to a place after only a week there, but I guess after staying with host families and hanging out with locals all the time, it just felt so natural there.

I'm still trying to sift through all my thoughts, but this is what i've got down for now :)


love.

No comments: